How An Income Annuity Could Help
Traditional pensions are shrinking or disappearing for many Americans, but a new generation of self-funded pensions are filling the gap – providing people like you with guaranteed lifetime income that hedges against volatile markets and uncertain retirement needs.
The IRS recently recognized the importance of these guaranteed lifetime income products – allowing them to be included in 401(k)s and IRAs.
The move is revolutionizing the annuity asset class – and leading investors to ask the question: Is a lifetime income product finally right for my portfolio?
Abaris provides advice on whether you’re right for the product and then helps you compare objectively among different insurers. We've created a marketplace that allows you to choose the product that maximizes payouts at the desired credit rating. As an unbiased source, our only goal is helping you secure a long and active retirement.
Does A QLAC Make Sense For Me?
Use our tool to figure out if you’re right for an income annuity. This is some of the typical advice we give, but our advice engine can provide you with a customized recommendation.
YOU MIGHT BE RIGHT FOR A QLAC
- $250,000 – $5,000,000 in retirement savings (exceptions exist, so contact us for advice on your specific situation)
- Average or above average health
- Over 45 but not too far into retirement
- Seeking greater certainty and more of an insurance product
- Social Security and/or pension do not cover regular expenses
YOU MIGHT NOT BE RIGHT FOR A QLAC
- Less than $250,000 or more than $5,000,000 in retirement savings (exceptions exist, so contact us for advice on your specific situation)
- Below average health
- Under 45 or well into retirement
- Seeking higher risk and more of an investment product
- Social Security and/or pension already cover regular expenses
Who is Abaris and what’s our approach?
We’re a team of technology experts, professors, and financial planners inspired to build a company for people like you. Our mission: Get people better advice about how to plan ahead for life’s next phase.
- We start by figuring out your life expectancy using our proprietary tool developed at the Wharton School
- Then, we use that information and other basic data to figure out if you’re a fit for a simple product that is similar to Social Security or a pension
- If you are, our team will help you compare products from across the market, so you know you’re getting the best deal for the least risk
It's fast, simple and free!